Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fried Tuna Patties with a Spicy Twist!
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Coat cakes in the following ingredients before frying
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Mix all ingredients like you would if you were making a meatloaf.
- Shape into patties.
- Dredge patties in the cornmeal mixture and fry until crunchy.
- Serve with a Sauce of your choice or eat them like a sandwich on a toasted Bun.
Good idea for canned tuna. I added more garlic, some fish sauce, reduced soy sauce to two tbs,turmeric and coated in corn flour. Good Idea!
This was a very good recipe but I think it was overpowered by the curry. The next time I make I will definitely cut the curry in half. I chose to bake mine rather than fry just to cut down on fat otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. I served mine on rolls with tarter sauce, watercress, red onion and tomato and everyone enjoyed them.
My husband was not over excited by the thought of this recipe...but he loved them. They were spicy and crispy on the outside. Served with spicy tartar sauce.