Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the 'Thursday' magazine. It got 'Shobhana' a cash prize of 50 US dollars.
- 1 can of light meat tuna
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons spring onions
- 4 -5 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Drain out the oil completely from the tuna can.
- Wash the tuna well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions.
- Saute until golden brown.
- Add capsicum and tomatoes.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir well.
- Stir-fry until the raw smell of ginger and garlic in the paste is gone.
- Add tuna, spring onions, soya sauce and salt to taste.
- Fry for 5 minutes or until the mixture is totally dry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.
We enjoyed this, as a super quick weekend meal. I used tuna packed in brine rather than oil, and left out the spring onions and coriander just because I didn't have any. Served wrapped in rotis. It's worth making for the speed of a tasty, filling meal.