1/3 Photos of Spicy Tri-Color Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Shannon Cooks's Note:
These fantastic peppers were the highlight of another rainy afternoon. I used vegetarian mock ground beef but you can use the real thing if you desire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 small purple onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (300 g) package frozen vegetarian ground beef (one bag of Quorn mince or one box of Boca meatless ground burger will do the trick)
- 12 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (you can adjust this to your preference)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, prepared
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed (1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Heat olive oil in large skillet and then add cumin, garlic and onion; saute until tender. Mix ground burger, corn, spices and 3/4 cup water in; cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. If mixture seems dry and sticks to skillet, you can add more water, up to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat. Add prepared rice and 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix thoroughly.
- 2Spoon mixture evenly into pepper halves and place in 13x9-inch pan. Pour 1/2 cup water into pan (this will ensure that the peppers are tenderly cooked).
- 3Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is evenly melted.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tri-Color Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 1177.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 19.5 g