Recipe by Shannon Cooks
These fantastic peppers were the highlight of another rainy afternoon. I used vegetarian mock ground beef but you can use the real thing if you desire!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We made these stuffed peppers for dinner using the Boca crumbles. We liked them. I added extra cheese to my finished pepper as well as salt and pepper. The peppers reheated well for leftovers. Thanks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 small purple onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (300 g) packagefrozen vegetarian ground beef (one bag of Quorn mince or one box of Boca meatless ground burger will do the trick)
- 12 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (you can adjust this to your preference)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, prepared
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed (1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Heat olive oil in large skillet and then add cumin, garlic and onion; saute until tender. Mix ground burger, corn, spices and 3/4 cup water in; cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. If mixture seems dry and sticks to skillet, you can add more water, up to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat. Add prepared rice and 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pepper halves and place in 13x9-inch pan. Pour 1/2 cup water into pan (this will ensure that the peppers are tenderly cooked).
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is evenly melted.