Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy and very very tasty tortilla soup; with a Louisiana flare.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped jalapenos
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 16 ounces beef broth
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 20 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or chili mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (add another 1/2 tsp if you like lemon pepper)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or LA Gold Red Pepper Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 cup of shredded mexican cheese
- tortilla chips
- add fajita meat (optional) or ground meat, with taco seasoning when serving (optional)
- Sauté first 3 ingredients. Then add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Thats it:).
- When serving add crushed up tortilla chips and shredded Mexican Cheese along with the meat (ground meat with taco seasoning or fajita meat) of your choice.