Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lasagna with a Mexican slant. Not too hot, but it can be spiced up with some chopped jalapenos.
- 3⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8")
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook chicken in frying pan or microwave until no longer pink.
- Set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add spices and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 of tomato mixture in 13X9 baking dish.
- Top with 2 tortillas, spread 1/3 tomato mixture, half of ricotta and half of mozerella.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, tomatoes and cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
We really enjoyed this! It was a nice change from the traditional pasta based lasagne. I also added some chopped red pepper (green pepper would be good too), and a sprinkle of hot chilies. Quick to make, lower in carbs, and very yummy! We're looking forward to the leftovers today. Thanks for posting.