Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my first ever attempt at cooking steak, so i thought i'd experiment with what i had and see how it turned out!! As it happens it was VERY yummy!
- 1 medium size beef steak
- 4 tablespoons passata
- 1⁄2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into medium lengths
- salt and black pepper
- chili flakes
- dried herbs
- olive oil
- Heat a blob of oil in a pan and fry onions and garlic until soft.
- Add steak and cook until browned, trying to keep most of the onion and garlic on top of the steak.
- Add red pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp chilli flakes, herbs and s&p, covering the meat. (add seasonings according to taste, i didnt actually measure mine but i like it hot!).
- Fry on medium heat until steak is cooked as preferred.
- Stir in passata, making a sauce around the steak with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once sauce is hot through, serve with a good dollop of creamy mash!