Recipe by MizzNezz
Very tasty way to do steak.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Tasty recipe. I had a bunch of round steak I needed to make into something & found this recipe. I added Montreal Steak spice vs salt/pepper, used red wine vinegar & added abit of olive oil. Sauted the garlic a couple mins before adding the simmer ingredients. I assumed the basil amt was for dried, I used fresh but, in error, I may have add abit too much due to DH comments. Simple to make & we enjoyed this dish, thanks for sharing.
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb round steak, trimmed and cut in small,4inch,pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 can green chili
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Put steak in bowl, add vinegar solution and coat well.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes, drain.
- Coat steak with flour.
- In skillet cook steak in hot oil for 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.