Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In my search for tasty, low-fat recipes, I found this one in the Chicago Tribune. Serve this at room temperature on warm bread....YUM!
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (recipe calls for 1/2 tsp. to 2 T.)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until it forms an almost paste like consistency but do not let mixture become liquid.
- Spoon into a serving dish and serve with warm bread.