From Australian Women's Weekly cookbook. Will go well with Angel Hair pasta or other pasta type
Make and share this Spicy Tomato Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 2 teaspoons paprika, hot
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Combine spices and water in small bowl.
- Heat oil in pan, add onions, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spice mixture, cook, until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and tomatoes, cook until shrimp have changed colour and are just tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro.