Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian Women's Weekly cookbook. Will go well with Angel Hair pasta or other pasta type
Make and share this Spicy Tomato Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 2 teaspoons paprika, hot
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Combine spices and water in small bowl.
- Heat oil in pan, add onions, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spice mixture, cook, until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and tomatoes, cook until shrimp have changed colour and are just tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro.
I am perplexed why this didn't meet my expectations. All of the flavors are ones I enjoy, they just didn't come together well in this recipe. Seemed to overpower the shrimp, but underwhelmed the tomatoes, if that makes sense. The tomatoes just seemed to lack luster. Served with whole wheat spaghetti.