1/2 Photos of Spicy Tomato Sauce (Martha Stewart)
Lucky in Bayview's Note:
I pulled this recipe out of a Martha Stewart magazine years ago. If you like your sauce with a kick, you'll like this. Its so easy and pretty healthy. She mentions that since the sauce is so simple its best ot use good-quality Italian tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and cook slowly until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes, careful not to burn.
- 3Add tomatoes and their juices (do this carefully to keep oil from spattering), red pepper flakes, and salt and peper to taste.
- 4Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and simmer, breaking up tomatoes into small pieces with the side of a wooden spoon.
- 6Cook unitl sauce thickens, about 25 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, transfer to a service dish, and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tomato Sauce (Martha Stewart)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 287.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g