Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple spicy tomato sauce made with 5 ingredients. Use whatever tomatoes you have on hand.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46-4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley or 59.14 ml basil
- If using diced or whole tomatoes, briefly blend them in a food processor or blender.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or a sauce pan. Add garlic and hot peppers. Cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt. bring to a boil, then turn sauce down to simmer. Simmer for 30-40 minutes uncovered until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add parsley or basil. Serve over any pasta.