- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup basil
Directions See How It's Made
- If using diced or whole tomatoes, briefly blend them in a food processor or blender.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or a sauce pan. Add garlic and hot peppers. Cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt. bring to a boil, then turn sauce down to simmer. Simmer for 30-40 minutes uncovered until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add parsley or basil. Serve over any pasta.