- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onion, basil, oregano, marjoram, and pepper in large saucepan over medium heat, until onion appears translucent (approx 10 min).
- Add all tomatoes and simmer slowly, uncovered, until sauce thickens and total volume is approximately 8 cups, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.