Recipe by Mmm!
This is another great sauce from chef Mark Strausman. I saw him make this on the Martha and wanted to share with you how amazing this is. Remember you can make it as hot or spicy as you want by controlling the amount of chillies you add to your sauce.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans plum tomatoes
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, about a bunch sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add your onion and cook until softened about 3 minutes. Add wine, tomato, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer; cook until thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Add basil and parsley and continue cooking 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Puree mixture using a food mill or a blender.