Recipe by Terri Juwan
This is a great make-ahead summer salad for a crowd. If you don't like it spicy, omit the crab boil. If you like it REALLY spicy, use liquid crab boil--but only an ounce or two.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Went together easily, and was delicious too! I did make it with the crab boil, and it was only a bit spicy, not hot spicy. Actually the perfect touch. I used chopped raw broccoli instead of cucumbers, (didn't have) a winner of a recipe. Thank you!
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlewishbone robust Italian dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 30 -40 cherry tomatoes or 30 -40 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 (3 ounce) bagzatarain crab boil
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) bag bow tie pasta
- 16 ounces frozen cooked baby shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Italian dressing into large bowl and add dry ranch dressing mix, stirring well.
- Add diced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, olives and basil, cover and marinate a couple of hours.
- In a large pot, place enough water for pasta and drop crab boil bag into water.
- When water comes to boil, place pasta into water and cook until almost done, then turn heat off, add the frozen shrimp and let sit in crab boil water until pasta is tender.
- Drain shrimp and pasta mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour dressing mixture over pasta and shrimp, mixing well.
- Cover and let chill before serving--overnight is even better.