Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick and easy recipe that is one of my husband's favorites. Don't let the title deceive you; it's hardly spicy, even with the horseradish! This might sound icky, but don't be afraid to use your hands to mix together the ground beef mixture more thoroughly.
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup tomato soup, condensed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly combine corn flakes, 1/2 cup tomato soup, onion, egg, and horseradish. Mix in ground beef.
- Portion meat into 6 ovals. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Mix together remaining soup, brown sugar, and mustard in small prep bowl and spread evenly over meat. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until meat is cooked. Serve garnished with parsley.
- (Note: The meat tends to stick to the foil pretty good, so I just use some cooking spray.).