1/1 Photo of Spicy Tomato Millet
Elise and family's Note:
This is very tasty and satisfying - served with a few ginger-roasted vegetables it makes a delicious, easy, one-dish meal for a cold day. Warms up the insides!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup millet, organic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped (or less)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, organic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried anise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 11. Fry onion and garlic in oil, on medium heat, until tender.
- 22. Add jalapeno and millet. Cook, stirring often, for three minutes.
- 33. Stir tomato paste into two cups water.
- 44. Turn heat up to high. Add water-tomato mixture. Add marjoram, thyme, and anise. Add salt and pepper. Stir.
- 55. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to medium-low, adn cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 66. Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes, or serve right away (with ginger-roasted vegetables beside). Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tomato Millet
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.4
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: