Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this many years ago from a Playboy Magazine, lol. It's not a real thick sauce, you could add some tomato paste if you want it thicker. We like it just the way it is. I serve it on vermicelli, my personal preference, with garlic bread and a salad.
- 2 links hot Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 1 onion, large, grated
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (2 lb) can Italian plum tomatoes, peeled
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Remove skin from sausage, mash meat with a fork.
- Heat butter, add sausage and garlic and stir with a fork until well cooked.
- Add onion, cook briefly.
- Add ground beef, cook until its color has turned.
- Add tomatoes, in pieces, add salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for at least 1 hour over low heat.
- Serve over your favorite Pasta, and pass the parmesan cheese.