Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Inspired by Susan Wittig Albert's book, An Unthymly Death. Her books are great.
- 3 quarts tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in glass pan. Heat throughly. Pour into 6 pint jars process in water bath 30 minutes.
This is sensational. We did not preserve it, just refrigerated in 2 pint water bottles . I added a touch of Greek Seasoning to one bottle and some tarragon to another. Holy Holy!
I loved this! I wondered how the dill and horseradish and worcestershire would taste in a juice-it's great! I canned this and plan to use it in my picante chili recipe in place of the V8 Picante Juice which is now very hard to find. It would be a great base for beef vegetable soup too. The only change I made was to use dried dill. Thanks for a great recipe!
Loved this recipe changed up a few things family loved it