Recipe by SJBG
A very unique and delicious combination! A tweaked version of Middle Eastern Recipe's "Yakhnit Lobia" (http://www.ummah.com/family/recipes/yakhnit.html). The original recipe calls for twice the green beans given here plus 1/2 lbs cubed veal, which I imagine is also good and would make a meal of itself, but I like this as a green bean side dish with a kick! Don't let the ingredient list scare you, the combination is very delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions in the butter until softened and slightly browned.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and cinnamon and stir around. It'll be a bit pasty.
- Add drained green beans and mix thoroughly. Make sure beans are well coated with the tomato-onion mix. Do this till green beans are at desired temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: The cinnamon does make this a bit spicy - not very -- - but if you want less kick, I'd say use 1/2 teaspoons of salt, pepper, and cinnamon instead of whole.