Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spicy and Yummy. In India this is a comfort food served with whole wheat flat bread.
- 5 eggs (I use Eggland's Best, boiled, shelled, halved)
- 2 tomatoes (diced, large)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fry onions in oil till translucent
- add tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric, and salt.
- simmer till tomatoes are soft (about 10 minutes) adding water as necessary.
- add boiled egg halves.
- cook another couple minutes.
Wow! This is really great! The only change I made was to add a bit of garam masala. And my DH added cayenne, but he does that to just about everything!! VERY simple to make and really yummy!! 8 stars, for sure!! :O)
Don't let the list of simple ingredients fool you, this dish is incredibly tasty. I used red onion and vine-ripened tomatoes, cut back the chilli powder to half a tsp (the one I use is very hot), the full amount of turmeric and a generous amount of freshly ground sea salt. The tomatoes I used could probably have done with another half day's ripening, so I added 1/3 tsp of sugar. The sauce was amazing. 5 plus!