Recipe by Sueie
Tomato Soup with a twist.
Top Review by eva_anita
One of my favourite soups, spicy and full of flavour. Made it many many times and I keep coming back to it. Sometimes I omit leek as it is not easy to get where I live but the soup is still very tasty. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 700 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- single light cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, heat oil and cook chopped tomatoes, shallots, leek and bay leaf for a few minutes until transparent, do not brown.
- Add garlic, chilli flakes, black pepper, salt to taste, tomato paste and coriander to tomato mixture, then add stock.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix cornflour in a little cold water and set aside.
- Remove from heat and blend to your preferred consistency.
- Return soup to heat adding cornflour mix and stir over gentle heat abou 2- 3 minutes until thickened.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with swirl of cream.