Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe also comes from Family Circle's Fast Vegetarian Cookbook and is the perfect stew/soup for a cold night. It is filling, easy to make, tastes super yummy and is healthy, too. What more can you ask for? :) I modified it a little to have it produce a smaller quantity and suite my taste even more. I hope you enjoy.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This was good. I agree with Cookgirl that cilantro would do it better, I used flat leaf parsley, extra virgin olive oil, additional canned chickpeas like other reviewers, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Veggie Swap #49 ~ August ~
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes (13 oz)
- 170 g tomato puree
- 250 g chickpeas, cooked (I used canned, drained)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- Mix in spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Just before serving stir in the parsley.