Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Gosh, this looks simple and good! It's from Sandra Lee's "Semi-Homemade Cooking 2."
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3 cups spicy vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
This was really good. I used Cheddar cheese soup in a carton (no idea if its condensed) but it turned out great!
This really warms you up on a damp day! Funny, because when I was in college, many times I would mix condensed tomato soap and condensed cheddar cheese soup and add 2 cans of skim milk. This recipe has more spice and "spunk" than my old creation..... and more vitamons, too, from the vegetable juice. I used Healthy Request tomato soup so it was not too salty. Thanx for posting this. It's a great quickie soup!