Recipe by Kristine L.
This is a great meal for those winter nights, serve with a nice crusty bread roll, but don't forget to add the extra points lol. Each serve of soup ww (aus) 1/2 point
Top Review by Sweetiebarbara
This was a spicy soup and easy to make. My Husband liked the spicy part, but we did not find this soup to our taste. I plan to add some regular tomato soup to have it for leftovers. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 (400 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon red chile, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (300 g) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large pan with cooking spray.
- Heat and add the leek and garlic, stirring until the leek is soft.
- Add the tomatoes, carrot, chili and chicken stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, butter beans and green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir through the chopped parsley before serving.