Recipe by WhitneysWonders
These are yummy, super spicy, tofu wontons, good for parties, or to top off an Asian soup.
Top Review by Smartini1214
Great, easy recipe, but I varied it because I didn't have some ingredients on hand. I used diced red pepper instead of mushrooms and a tbsp of ketchup with chili powder and cayenne pepper instead of chili sauce. I served them with sweet and sour sauce and my kids couldn't get enough - didn't even realize it was tofu!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 (12 ounce) box firm silken tofu
- 6 button mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy Chinese mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the tofu.
- Blend the mushrooms, chestnuts, garlic, and tofu in a food processor until roughly blended, there should still be a few chunks.
- Place the blended ingredients in a bowl and add the soy sauce, chili sauce, salt, and mustard, and mix.
- Wet the corners of the wonton wrappers with a little bit of water as you need them.
- Spoon a little more than a teaspoon of tofu filling into the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the corners of the wrappers and seal with a fork.
- Place them on a greased pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes at 375°F (You can also steam them, for a softer texture, or even deep fry them for a quick cook.).
- Enjoy them with sweet Thai chili sauce or with more Chinese mustard.