Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are yummy, super spicy, tofu wontons, good for parties, or to top off an Asian soup.
Make and share this Spicy Tofu Wontons recipe from Food.com.
- Drain the tofu.
- Blend the mushrooms, chestnuts, garlic, and tofu in a food processor until roughly blended, there should still be a few chunks.
- Place the blended ingredients in a bowl and add the soy sauce, chili sauce, salt, and mustard, and mix.
- Wet the corners of the wonton wrappers with a little bit of water as you need them.
- Spoon a little more than a teaspoon of tofu filling into the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the corners of the wrappers and seal with a fork.
- Place them on a greased pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes at 375°F (You can also steam them, for a softer texture, or even deep fry them for a quick cook.).
- Enjoy them with sweet Thai chili sauce or with more Chinese mustard.
Great, easy recipe, but I varied it because I didn't have some ingredients on hand. I used diced red pepper instead of mushrooms and a tbsp of ketchup with chili powder and cayenne pepper instead of chili sauce. I served them with sweet and sour sauce and my kids couldn't get enough - didn't even realize it was tofu!