Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A jumble of nutritious vegetables with just a little spicy kick!
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 5 ounces cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 leaf kale
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 ounces daikon radishes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 container firm tofu
- 1⁄2 head broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup okra
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Pour the tomato soup, crushed tomatoes, and 1.
- 5 cans water into a pot, cover, and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Tear the kale into small pieces and add to tomato mixture.
- Add the chili paste to the mixture and stir in well.
- Reduce the stove's heat to low and watch it to ensure it doesn't boil over.
- Slice the daikon into very thin, quarter-sized slices and add to the tomato mixture.
- Slice the polar ends off the shallot, then slice in half around its equator.
- Separate into rings.
- Slice open the jalapeno pepper and remove all seeds from the insides.
- Chop into 1/4 inch strips.
- Slice tofu into chunks or cubes.
- Chop broccoli into thumbnail-sized bits.
- Slice off ends and caps of okra, then chop into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot and ready to stir-fry.
- Stir-fry shallots and peppers for 2 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Add tofu and broccoli, increasing heat to medium-high and stir-frying until tofu begins to brown.
- Salt to taste.
- Add okra slices and lemon juice to stir-fry, continue until okra slices soften.
- Add the stir-fry mixture to the tomato mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat once the tomato mixture reduces and is no longer watery.
- To serve, spoon a serving into a bowl and spoon 2 tbs of goat cheese on top.
- Toast one slice of bread and add on top of the cheese.