Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu, drained well, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup lightly dry roasted salted peanut
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add bell peppers, ginger, and garlic; sauté until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add tofu and green onions; toss 2 minutes. Add next 3 ingredients. Toss to blend, about 1 minute. Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle peanuts over.
This recipe is fantastic! I made it with 1/3 cup of olive oil, but it tasted a little too greasy. Maybe cut the oil in half on this one. This dish is spicy and really only served two people, unless you were to serve it on a bed of rice, then I could see it feeding four people.