Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I created this vegan recipe for a delicious egg-free breakfast option. It is packed with flavor and the combination of protein from the tofu and vitamins and minerals in the kale will certainly kick-start your day with nutrition.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 5 kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 kale leaves, chopped
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 226.79 g firm tofu, drained* and crumbled
- 14.79 ml naturally brewed soy sauce
- Coat a large frying pan with the olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until tender about 4 minutes, then add garlic, tomato, olives and sauté a minute more.
- Add chopped kale and red pepper flakes, stir and cover frying pan and let steam for three minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add crumbled tofu to pan and pour over the soy sauce. Stir to combine well and keep on heat until tofu is heated all the way through, then serve.