Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty Thai salad if you like tofu. Prep time does not take in 3 hour marinading time.
- 750 g tofu, drained
- 1 small red Spanish onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, finely sliced (white pat)
- Cut tofu into 1cm cubes.
- Cut onion in half then into fine slices.
- Cut carrot and pepper into fine strips.
- Combine tofu, onion, carrot, pepper and dressing in bowl, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve salad sprinkled with peanuts.
- DRESSING: Combine chillies, juice, sugar and lemon grass in jar and shake well.
I enjoyed the flavors in this salad. I didn't have lemongrass, but put in a little lemon juice. I wanted just a little more kicked up so I added some Szeshaun Peanut Sauce. Thanks Latchy!