1/1 Photo of Spicy Tofu Burritos
We love this recipe, never any left overs. Non vegetarians have also enjoyed these tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 bottle salsa, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to medium heat.
- 2Wrap tortillas in alfoil and place in oven to heat through, about 15 minutes.
- 3In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add cumin and turmeric, stir 30 seconds.
- 6Add tofu capsicum, jalapeno and garlic and saute until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add cheese and stir until melted, about 1 minute.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Spoon mixture equally down centre of each tortilla.
- 10Top with lettuce and coriander.
- 11Squeexe lime wedges over.
- 12Wrap tortillas around filling and serve and top with salsa sauce.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tofu Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: