Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love this recipe, never any left overs. Non vegetarians have also enjoyed these tortillas.
Make and share this Spicy Tofu Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 bottle salsa, to serve
- Preheat oven to medium heat.
- Wrap tortillas in alfoil and place in oven to heat through, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and turmeric, stir 30 seconds.
- Add tofu capsicum, jalapeno and garlic and saute until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted, about 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture equally down centre of each tortilla.
- Top with lettuce and coriander.
- Squeexe lime wedges over.
- Wrap tortillas around filling and serve and top with salsa sauce.
Excellent recipe; a little different and very tasty. It wasn't overly spicy (could have used more perhaps), but the mixture of spices, herb and lime juice was a nice combination. I made a couple low-fat adjustments with lite tofu (extra firm) and a mix of part skim mozzarella and low-fat mexican cheese mix (as that was what I had in the fridge). I recommend using a non-stick frying pan. Also I think here in the U.S. coriander is more commonly referred to as cilantro. Fortunately I remembered this while I was unsuccessfully looking for fresh coriander! Thanks very much Sueie for this exceptional recipe!