1/3 Photos of Spicy Tofu and Vegetable Stir-fry
Quick, simple-to-make tofu stir-fry dish that will convert even the meat-only eaters. Although there is shrimp in the ingredients list it is an optional ingredient. This is great served with rice. Recipe adapted from New Mexico Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 (1 lb) package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimed and sliced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 12 large shrimp (optional)
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce (I use Frank's, or more to taste)
- 1Put cornstarch in pie pan.
- 2Add tofu and coat on all sides.
- 3Heat 2 TB oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Add tofu and cook until brown (be careful it turns very easily).
- 5Remove and transfer to bowl.
- 6Add remaining 2 TB oil to pan.
- 7Saute vegetables (green onions- pepper) over medium heat until cooked through (10 minutes).
- 8Add shrimp (if using) and continue cooking 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- 9Mix vinegar, sweet n' sour sauce and hot sauce in measuring cup.
- 10Add sauce mixture and tofu to pan and cook 5 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tofu and Vegetable Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g