Recipe by FLUFFSTER
These are fabulous! They go with anything! As an appetizer, quick snack, with cocktails, and my hubby takes them on his hikes. I've made these for parties; they're great to put in muffin/cupcake papers and put them out around a party area. Note: be very careful when handling cayenne pepper; don't rub it in your eyes. Don't give children access to these, it could be very painful for them.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (I use kosher)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (the spice is up to you)
- 1 cup shelled raw pistachios
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss garbanza beans with the next 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet. Bake until garbanzos are golden and crisp, stirring occasoinally with a metal spatula, about 20 minutes. Note: you can make this up to 4 hours ahead, and hold at room temperature.
- Stir pistachious and thyme into garbanzo mixture. Bake until beans and garbanzos are crunchy, about 12 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and serve warm.