Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are fabulous! They go with anything! As an appetizer, quick snack, with cocktails, and my hubby takes them on his hikes. I've made these for parties; they're great to put in muffin/cupcake papers and put them out around a party area. Note: be very careful when handling cayenne pepper; don't rub it in your eyes. Don't give children access to these, it could be very painful for them.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (I use kosher)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (the spice is up to you)
- 1 cup shelled raw pistachios
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss garbanza beans with the next 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet. Bake until garbanzos are golden and crisp, stirring occasoinally with a metal spatula, about 20 minutes. Note: you can make this up to 4 hours ahead, and hold at room temperature.
- Stir pistachious and thyme into garbanzo mixture. Bake until beans and garbanzos are crunchy, about 12 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and serve warm.