Recipe by Manami
Found in Cooking Light Magazine, April 2007, Kate Washington. Use fresh pineapple chunks with this dish, serve with coconut rice (use light coconut milk for some water to cook) & add toasted coconut flakes; & a salad of baby greens with tossed lime dressing to round out your menu.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with spice mixture.
- Add fish to pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine pineapple, onions, tomatoes, rice vinegar, chopped cilantro & chopped jalapeno in a large bowl, stirring gently.
- Serve pineapple mixture with fish.
- Garnish with lime wedges.