1/1 Photo of Spicy Tilapia With Pineapple-Pepper Relish
Found in Cooking Light Magazine, April 2007, Kate Washington. Use fresh pineapple chunks with this dish, serve with coconut rice (use light coconut milk for some water to cook) & add toasted coconut flakes; & a salad of baby greens with tossed lime dressing to round out your menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Combine Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3Sprinkle fish evenly with spice mixture.
- 4Add fish to pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 5Combine pineapple, onions, tomatoes, rice vinegar, chopped cilantro & chopped jalapeno in a large bowl, stirring gently.
- 6Serve pineapple mixture with fish.
- 7Garnish with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tilapia With Pineapple-Pepper Relish
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 199.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 34.8 g