Recipe by PanNan
This is an easy weeknight recipe for 2 or 3 that has loads of flavor. As written, it's pretty spicy for the grown-ups, but can be toned down to suit your spice tolerance. I serve it over saffron rice.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
As the recipe description states, this was a very easy weeknight meal and we enjoyed it very much. DH and I like a dish with heat, so we did not tone down the recipe and it had the right amount of spice for us. We served over saffron rice as suggested, which provided a nice colorful contrast to the shrimp and peppers. Thanks! Made for ZWT9
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced and cut in half horizontally
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups prepared saffron rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil and the next 6 ingredients, garlic through shrimp. Stir and let rest for at least 15 minutes. If refrigerated, the mixture can rest up to two hours.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and saute about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp mixture and saute for 5 - 6 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on the shrimp and serve with the rice.