Recipe by Tish
Here's a twist on the classic macaroni and cheese.
Top Review by flower7
Yum yum yum! This was easy and quick to assemble. Had to leave out the parmesan when I discovered it was moldy :( Also didn't have cajun spices so I used 1/8 tsp each: cayenne, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme & basil plus 1/4 tsp black pepper. Wasn't very spicy but still tasted good. Thanks for the recipe Tish!
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix, unprepared
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a baking dish 13 X 9 with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle the stuffing into the dish to form a crustlike base.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, Parmesan cheese, milk, cajun spice, salt and mazzarella and cheddar chesses.
- Add the cooked pasta to the baking dish.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the top and fold in the remainder of the stuffing.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the cheese bubbles.