Recipe by YummySmellsca
Adapted from Vegetarian Comfort, this pot of veggies and tofu is perfectly spicy without blowing your head off, and creamy without being too rich or heavy.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 finger chili, minced
- 1 tablespoon litehouse freeze dried lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 baby leeks or 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 oriental yam, peeled and diced (AKA Japanese Sweet potato, red skin or white flesh)
- 1 purple sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 delicata squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 (8 ounce) canshredded bamboo shoots
- 7 ounces snow peas, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, whisk together the coconut cream, coconut water, curry powder, chili powder, minced chili, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and tamari.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add leeks, yam, potato, squash and tofu. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cashew milk and bamboo shoots.
- Bring to a low boil and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add snow peas and green pepper, cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baby spinach.
- Serve over rice.