Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another from Kathleen Daelmans. i need to buy her cookbook.
Make and share this Spicy Thai Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb stick rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vietnamese chili paste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients except shrimp and cilantro in a 10-inch nonstick pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and add shrimp.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until shrimp are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from pan and place over cooked rice noodles in a serving bowl.
- Add cilantro to sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, pour sauce over shrimp and noodles, and serve. YUM!