Recipe by StephanieZ
Super tasty sesame noodle salad with loads of awesome veggies. It is best if you make it the day before, but can also be made fresh if needed. This recipe serves about 6 main course servings or 12 side servings. This is a versatile recipe, and you can experiment with substituting other vegetables or even adding cooked meat. 3 T chili sauce is about a "medium-hot" spiciness. If you love heat, add a bit more, or if you are cooking for children or other people with less taste for heat, use a bit less.
- 16 ounces spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter, warmed for 20 seconds in microwave to soften
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce, adjust to taste (Thai hot chili sauce)
- 12 ounces broccoli slaw mix (or 5 c shredded broccoli, cabbage, and carrots)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook pasta to al dente, then rinse in cold water until cooled. Drain pasta.
- 2. In large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and hot sauce.
- 3. Stir cooled noodles, all veggies, and sauce together.
- 4. Add sesame seeds.
- 5. Chill overnight or for at least a few hours.