Do you like scallops? Do you like limes and chilies, well this is the dish for you. It is so flavorful and delicious, that you won't believe how easy it is to make.
- 16 scallops, large sea, shelled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 4 scallions, fresh, finely sliced
- 1 lime, finely grated rind
- 1 chili, fresh, red, small, hot, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 4 cups rice, steamed, jasmine
- 4 lime wedges (garnish)
- Wash and pat dry your scallops.
- Slice each scallop in half horizontally.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Next add the scallions and fry for 1 minute, you do not want to brown.
- Now add the scallops and fry over high heat for 5 minutes, stir in the lime rind, chili, lime juice and sugar and cook for another minute.
- Serve the scallops over the rice. Add the pan juices and garnish with the lime wedges.