Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Do you like scallops? Do you like limes and chilies, well this is the dish for you. It is so flavorful and delicious, that you won't believe how easy it is to make.
- 16 scallops, large sea, shelled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 4 scallions, fresh, finely sliced
- 1 lime, finely grated rind
- 1 chili, fresh, red, small, hot, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 4 cups rice, steamed, jasmine
- 4 lime wedges (garnish)
- Wash and pat dry your scallops.
- Slice each scallop in half horizontally.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Next add the scallions and fry for 1 minute, you do not want to brown.
- Now add the scallops and fry over high heat for 5 minutes, stir in the lime rind, chili, lime juice and sugar and cook for another minute.
- Serve the scallops over the rice. Add the pan juices and garnish with the lime wedges.
Ridiculously easy and very tasty. I only get little scallops here, so just used 8 and didn't cut (just for me). I also cut up a chicken breast for my housemates. Cooked chicken first and then did the scallops right at the last minute. Everyone enjoyed, I thought the taste with the scallops was wonderful.
I have some very happy people at home tonight. Made this as written and even the friend (who is on his chilli training wheels) loved it. My scallops were already small, so I used 45 pieces and didn't bother cutting them in half lengthwise. The balance of flavours is perfect, and you can be sure I will make this often. Served with your Lemon & Lime Roasted Red Potatoes rather than rice. Great meal!
This really wasn't what I expected, so I can only give it 3 stars. I thought it might have a bit of a zing to it with the lime juice, but the lime juice did nothing. I used shrimp, as I couldn't get scallops. Made for the Au/NZ recipe swap #40