Recipe by Lady Clare
A lovely spicy, peanuty sauce over spaghetti noodles and vegetables. I really prefer natural peanut butter in this, but that is up to you. Altering the peanut butter and honey can dramatically change this dish, so if you don't like it one way, try it again altering some ingredients.
Top Review by AuntMare
This was just what I was craving--two helpings-worth! I used chicken broth and added chicken with the vegetables. I loved the ginger and pepper flakes...that made the dish! I did cut back on the cumin; even though I love it, it doesn't love me. Will definitely make this again and again!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (small)
- 6 sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 8oz pasta (spaghetti or linguine) until done and set aside.
- Saute your veggies of choice(I prefer the ones above)in a pan with a little oil, until cooked. Set aside.
- Stir together vegetable stock, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, ginget, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes and garlic in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until peanut butter and honey melt and sauce is heated through.
- Add noodles, stir fried veggies, any meat you may include (a few chicken breasts cut in strips is good) and toss to coat.