1/1 Photo of Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken Curry
This is a spicy dish, but the heat can be adjusted by reducing the curry and sambal oelek. It is quick and easy and it is so good. Time to cook rice is not included in prep time or cook time. Also...I often use lite coconut milk, it reduces the fat content and is still wonderful, just a little less rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saute pan saute peanut oil, red curry and sambal over med. heat for a few minutes.
- 2Add the chicken and cook through.
- 3Add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- 4Simmer about 10 minutes.
- 5Serve over steamed Jasmine rice.
- 6Top with fresh lime juice and crushed peanuts.
- 7Tip: If you are worried about the heat, just add half of the curry and sambal in the first step. Try it after everything has been added and if it's not spicy enough you can then add more curry. If then you want it more spicy you can add more sambal, the sambal is more spicy than the curry.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.4
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1278.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 87.8 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste