Recipe by HeidiSue
This is a spicy dish, but the heat can be adjusted by reducing the curry and sambal oelek. It is quick and easy and it is so good. Time to cook rice is not included in prep time or cook time. Also...I often use lite coconut milk, it reduces the fat content and is still wonderful, just a little less rich.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- steamed cooked jasmine rice
- crushed peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saute pan saute peanut oil, red curry and sambal over med. heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook through.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Serve over steamed Jasmine rice.
- Top with fresh lime juice and crushed peanuts.
- Tip: If you are worried about the heat, just add half of the curry and sambal in the first step. Try it after everything has been added and if it's not spicy enough you can then add more curry. If then you want it more spicy you can add more sambal, the sambal is more spicy than the curry.