Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a spicy dish, but the heat can be adjusted by reducing the curry and sambal oelek. It is quick and easy and it is so good. Time to cook rice is not included in prep time or cook time. Also...I often use lite coconut milk, it reduces the fat content and is still wonderful, just a little less rich.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- steamed cooked jasmine rice
- crushed peanuts
- In a medium saute pan saute peanut oil, red curry and sambal over med. heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook through.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Serve over steamed Jasmine rice.
- Top with fresh lime juice and crushed peanuts.
- Tip: If you are worried about the heat, just add half of the curry and sambal in the first step. Try it after everything has been added and if it's not spicy enough you can then add more curry. If then you want it more spicy you can add more sambal, the sambal is more spicy than the curry.
This is by far my favorite recipe!!!!! Thank you! We've made it multiple times and love it!!!
Wow, by far the best curry recipe I've found. Because I like the heat I added another TBL of curry & an extra tsp of sambal. Could had added more but the wife wouldn't appreciate that. I also used 2/3 cup of peanut butter in all & topped with cilantro, green onion & peanuts. Thanks for a great recipe!!
Excellent - DH and I are on a health kick and this was very easy to lighten up. We used lite Coconut milk, cut the oil for sauteing chicken in half. With these two adjustments it cuts the calories almost in half. This is so very good. Thanks HeidiSue