Recipe by jenpalombi
This recipe actually came from the side of a bag of Jasmine rice. My family likes it well enough that it has become a semi-regular, quick and easy weeknight meal. As written, it has a nice kick, but won't melt your head. Adjust the cayenne pepper to your liking.
Top Review by J-Lynn
I was hoping for a different taste, something easy to add to the menu rotation. This was easy, but the flavor is not impressive. We thought it tasted like poorly-made "fried rice".
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb meat, diced (chicken, beef, turkey, sausage... any will work)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup jasmine rice
- 3 green onions, chopped (tops included)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, soy sauce and cayenne pepper. Heat large wok or fry pan over high heat (Spray with cooking spray if using a "drier meat" like poultry). Add meat and stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
- Add bell pepper. Stir fry for one more minute.
- Mix in rice and soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in green onions and cilantro. Serve.