Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes and hasn't been tried by me yet.
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, deveined, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted peanuts, ground
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Chinese fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce or 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place noodles in large bowl; cover with hot water.
- Let stand 20 minutes or until softened.
- Drain well.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, chicken and shrimp; stir fry about 1 1/2 minutes until nearly cooked through.
- Add egg; let set slightly then stir to scramble.
- Add noodles, beansprouts and peanuts; stir fry until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Combine ketchup, fish sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and sugar in small bowl.
- Add to noodles; stir fry until well coated.
- Garnish with onions.