1/2 Photos of Spicy Thai Noodle Salad
Mrs Goodall's Note:
This is my favorite cold noodle salad! I loved it so much, we made mass quantities for my wedding. There are some similar recipes out there, but after testing over and over, here is the combination that I think works best. I kept the recipe vegetarian, but I usually add cooked bay shrimp. You can add any kind of meat or veggies!! You can also omit or add more of the cayenne depending on your "spicy tolerance"! You can certainly substitute spaghetti for the Soba noodles, but Soba noodles really work best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (the oil is strong, don't add more)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 red bell peppers, sliced thin and long
- 4 cups peas (frozen works fine)
- 16 green onions
- 1 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts (leave whole)
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro, chopped coarse
- 2 limes, cut in wedges for garnish
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water. Check cooking directions, soba noodles can cook literally in minutes. Drain pasta well. Let pasta dry a bit or water on the pasta will dilute the dressing.
- 2Whisk sesame oil, canola oil, honey, soy sauce, vinegars, ginger and cayenne in a small bowl to blend.
- 3Season with salt.
- 4Heat a few tablespoons of dressing in saute pan over medium high heat (be careful, dressing can burn easily).
- 5Add peppers to pan for about 2 - 3 minutes to ligtly soften, they should still be crunchy.
- 6Add all other ingredients to pasta along with remaining dressing. Mix salad well, you will probably need to use your hands.
- 7Garnish with lime wedges.
- 8Serve right away or chill as long as overnight.
- 9Add peas shortly before serving. If you add them too early they will turn a "lovely" shade of grey.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.4
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1306.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar